First operations began in Ticino, Switzerland in 1898 when Charles Audemars started precision machining of rubies (watch jewel bearings) for mechanical watches. Five generations later, the company headquarters remains in Ticino, Switzerland under the same family ownership. However, the business has evolved thanks to continuous innovation.
With the advent of the quartz watch, Audemars transitioned from ruby production to machining permanent magnets for use in stepper motors. This led to further developments to incorporate laser technologies to automate the cutting of micro-magnets and laser-weld assembly of micro-rotors used in watch stepper motors. At the same time the company developed micro-coiling capabilities allowing it to expand its offering to include a complete set of stepper motor components. From these capabilities born in the Swiss watch industry, the company has leveraged its technologies across several markets including Medical, Automotive, Aerospace, Consumer Electronics and Industrial applications.
Always maintaining its focus on applications with the smallest dimensions and tightest dimensional, electrical and magnetic tolerances, the company now serves its clients from its locations and subsidiaries in Switzerland (HQ, R&D, Production, Quality Assurance), China (Production, Quality Assurance) and Hong Kong (Logistics). Our goal is to be a trusted, reliable and long term partner to our clients for their custom component needs.